Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, credit card details, gender, resident status, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, your photo, any information about you which you have provided to Storage Space Pte Ltd in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and/or processed by Storage Space Pte Ltd from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as your identification card number, driving licence number, birth certificate number, passport number, race, ethnic origin, date of birth, marital status, education background, and data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide Storage Space Pte Ltd your Personal Data, Storage Space Pte Ltd will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below and may cause Storage Space Pte Ltd to be unable to provide services or products to or accept payments from you.
If you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider, provision of your Personal Data is mandatory and failure to provide your Personal Data may be a breach of laws or regulatory requirements and may cause Storage Space Pte Ltd to be unable to engage you to provide services or products or issue payments to you for products or services provided.
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to Storage Space Pte Ltd directly, Storage Space Pte Ltd may collect your Personal Data from publicly available sources or third parties, for example:
- from filled up application or registration forms or other similar forms
- from publicly available sources such as directories;
- from Storage Space Pte Ltd official social media pages, if you follow, like or are a fan of such pages;
- from credit reporting agencies, insurance providers, or financial services providers;
- when you interact and communicate with Storage Space Pte Ltd at any events or activities;
- when you enter contests organised by Storage Space Pte Ltd;
- from other entities who provide you with services or with whom you have a contractual relationship;
- from marketing service providers or partners; or
- from various entities or divisions under Storage Space Pte Ltd;
- by using Storage Space Pte Ltd websites, which includes all websites operated by Storage Space Pte Ltd and under the names of its respective brands (respectively “Apps” and “Websites”).
Your personal data may also be collected from cookies used on the Websites,
Purposes of Processing
Storage Space Pte Ltd may use and process your Personal Data for business and transportation, delivery and logistics, payment and financial services activities of Storage Space Pte Ltd which shall include, without limitation the following (“Purposes”):
Where you are a customer of the services provided by Storage Space Pte Ltd:
- to perform the Storage Space Pte Ltd obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- to provide you with any service you have requested;
- to process your subscriptions and to deliver the services to you;
- to process your participation in any events, activities, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions;
- to validate your bookings and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- to understand and analyse our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs;
- to process exchanges or product returns;
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Policy;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- to maintain the safety and security of our services;
- for Storage Space Pte Ltd to comply with its obligations under law;
and you agree and consent to Storage Space Pte Ltd using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this Policy.
Marketing and promotional purposes
Storage Space Pte Ltd may also use and process your data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from Storage Space Pte Ltd its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organised by Storage Space Pte Ltd, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
- To share your Personal Data amongst its subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities as well as with its agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor or service provider who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions;
by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), online messaging service, by hand and/or by email.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Additional Purposes. Further, Storage Space Pte Ltd may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties include, without limitation:
- Storage Space Pte Ltd partners, which include parties with whom Storage Space Pte Ltd collaborates with for certain events, programs and activities;
- Event management companies and event sponsors;
- Marketing research companies;
- Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
- Other entities within Storage Space Pte Ltd; and
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as the formation of a joint venture, a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries, Limiting the Processing of Personal Data
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws of your home nation or Alternate Country, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:
Storage Space Pte Ltd
10 Kaki Bukit Road 1
#03-08 KB Industrial Building
Subject to any laws of your home nation or Alternate Country, Storage Space Pte Ltd reserves the right to impose a fee for access of your Personal Data in the amounts as permitted therein.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, Storage Space Pte Ltd has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
Personal Information from Minors and Other Individuals
As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor (individuals under 18 (eighteen) years of age) under your care to submit Personal Data to Storage Space Pte Ltd. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to Storage Space Pte Ltd, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Policy and take responsibility for his or her actions.
In some circumstances, you may have provided personal data relating to other individuals (such as your spouse, family members or friends) and in such circumstances, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to provide their personal data to Storage Space Pte Ltd and you have obtained their consent for their personal data be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Policy.
Acknowledgement, Consent, and Data Retention
By communicating with Storage Space Pte Ltd, using Storage Space Pte Ltd services, purchasing products from Storage Space Pte Ltd or by virtue of your engagement with Storage Space Pte Ltd, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Policy and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by Storage Space Pte Ltd as described in this Policy.
Storage Space Pte Ltd shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Policy at any time by placing the updated Policy on the Websites. By continuing to communicate with Storage Space Pte Ltd, by continuing to use Storage Space Pte Ltd services, purchasing products from Storage Space Pte Ltd or by your continued engagement with Storage Space Pte Ltd following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Policy, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.